For many people, summer means relaxing by the pool and slowing down to enjoy life. When it gets hot, however, you want to make sure your air conditioning doesn’t give out and spoil your good time. The best way to make sure your air conditioning works efficiently in the hottest weather is by signing up for a scheduled maintenance plan.1st Choice Air Solutions is the top-rated AC contractor for North Richland Hills. To make sure we exceed your expectations, we are always open, and our highly trained technicians can handle all your AC issues.
But don’t take our word for it. Visit our reviews page and hear from our happy customers and see for yourself!
Tips for Saving Money on Your AC Energy Bill
If you’re like most of us, you run your air conditioning all summer long. And each month you watch your energy costs go up along with the temperatures. Follow these practical tips to keep your home cool and more money in your bank account.
- Fix leaky ducts – Leaky ducts can lose as much as 30% of airflow. Those leaks mean that the money you’re spending cooling your house is getting wasted.
- Program your thermostat – When you’re not home, there’s no reason for your AC to blast cold air through your house. A programmable thermostat set a higher temp while you’re away so your AC is only working when you need it.
- Keep your window blinds down – If you block intense sunlight from heating your home, your AC unit won’t have to work as hard. And you’ll save money.
- Keep the outside condenser clear – The outside condenser draws hot air from inside your house and pushes it outside. If it gets dirty or blocked by nearby bushes, its efficiency can be dramatically reduced. Keeping the area around your condenser clear puts less strain on your unit and will save you money, too.
- Get regular maintenance – Put your AC unit on a regular maintenance schedule that goes beyond merely changing the air filters. 1st Choice Air Solutions will inspect and clean every major component of your system, as well as checking refrigerant pressure to keep your AC working at its peak efficiency, which will save you money on your energy bill.
1st Choice Air Solutions make ongoing maintenance simple and convenient. Contact our expert staff to find out how often you should be scheduling these services, and get your North Richland Hills home in top shape today!
How to Spot an AC Emergency
From time to time, all mechanical devices act strangely. It can be hard to know whether you have a minor problem that can wait for a few days or an emergency that needs immediate attention.
Generally, any time your AC unit struggles to keep your home cool you should call for repair. However, there are a few common signs you need emergency service:
- No air or too little air blowing out of the vents
- Your AC runs constantly but not blowing cold air
- The air conditioner doesn’t start when the thermostat clicks on
- Any kind of strange sound or smell coming from your AC
Because we know emergencies happen when we least expect them, we always have our doors open. We offer 24-hour emergency AC repairs and never charge emergency fees. WIth our trusted staff on your side, you’ll enjoy a comfortable home in no time.
Want to know more tips for avoiding emergency issues? Be sure to visit our blog for insider help on keeping your AC healthy.
Top-Rated AC Installation, Maintenance, and Repair
No matter what your air conditioner needs, 1st Choice Air Solutions is the most trusted AC contractor for North Richland Hills. We are members of this community and take your trust very seriously. To serve you better, we provide “no surprise” pricing and no emergency charges. When you need us most, we’ll be there to help, and always go above and beyond to provide solutions that last forever.