When the Texas summer heat and humidity hits, you don’t want to be stuck with a malfunctioning cooling system. Instead, you need your unit repaired quickly to restore comfort to your home. Call 1st Choice Air Solutions for 24-hour emergency AC repair services. A family-owned company since 1995, we proudly provide service to Justin and the surrounding communities.
We offer complete cooling services to the Justin, TX area, including:
- Air Conditioning Repairs
- Air Conditioning Installations
- Air Handler Services
- AC Refrigerant Leak Repair
- Geothermal Systems
- Ductless Mini Split Systems
- AC Evaporator Coil Services
- AC Filter Replacement
- Indoor Air Quality Services
- Commercial HVAC Services
- New Construction HVAC Services
We value our customers’ feedback! Read our testimonials to see what our clients think of our work!
Signs Your Air Conditioner Needs to Be Replaced
When the summer heat hits, the last thing you want to deal with is having your central AC system completely fail. Instead, it’s important to watch for the signs that can signal your unit needs to be replaced. Some symptoms can include:
- If your air conditioner is more than 15 years old it may be nearing the end of its lifespan.
- Loss of efficiency. This can result in higher utility bills.
- Loss of comfort. If your unit is no longer cooling your property to the desired temperature it can be a sign that the system is no longer functioning properly.
- Needs multiple repairs. Multiple or large repairs can be costly.
- Unit is leaking. Any leaks should be inspected by a professional to determine if they can be repaired.
- Strange sounds. This can signal an issue with your unit’s motor and should be inspected.
Ways to Save on Your Cooling Costs
Keeping your home cool and comfortable in the summer can result in high utility bills. Fortunately, there are ways to reduce these expenses. Some ways to save on cooling costs include:
- Make sure your home is properly insulated.
- Regularly replace air filters.
- Have your unit inspected by a professional at least once a year.
- Install a programmable thermostat.
- Set the thermostat down a few degrees. You are unlikely to notice the difference and it will help save on cooling costs.
- Replace an older unit with a new model.
- Use fans throughout your home to help circulate the air and cool down the house.
- Keep curtains and blinds closed on sunny days to keep the extra heat out.
When your AC system breaks down, you need to focus on getting it fixed — not the bill. That’s why we offer financing options to our clients!
Common Air Conditioner Problems
Having a hot and sticky house in the summer due to a malfunctioning AC system can be stressful and inconvenient. Fortunately, AC contractors are familiar with repairing these common air conditioner problems:
- Unit isn’t producing cold air, even when the thermostat is turned to the lowest setting.
- Air isn’t properly flowing through vents. This can force the unit to work harder than it needs to cool the property.
- There are hot and cold spots throughout the house, signaling a malfunctioning thermostat.
- There is moisture leaking around the unit, which can indicate an issue with the drain tube or a refrigerant leak.