Best Ductless Mini Split Air Conditioners in Fort Worth, TX
Your first choice for ductless mini-split systems in Texas
There’s an inside quip that ductless mini-split systems are just as effective with half the equipment, and it’s true! Everyone turns to central cooling to create a uniform level of comfort in every room with the click of a button. It is convenient and extremely popular for its quiet, efficient functioning compared to window units, but not all buildings have the space or budget for the ductwork involved.
Do you want central cooling without the central installation process? Let 1st Choice Air Solutions help you explore ductless mini-splits as a viable option for your home in Fort Worth, TX.
How Does a Ductless Mini-Split Air Conditioner Work?
Can anybody leverage the benefits of these ductless units? To answer that, we need to consider how these nifty cooling systems work. Like a central air conditioner, a split system comprises an indoor unit with evaporator coils and a filter and an outdoor unit with a fan, compressor, and condenser coil.
The following happens when you start your unit:
- The compressed refrigerant will pump into the connecting indoor unit via the refrigerant line.
- The liquid turns into a gas inside the air handler’s evaporator coils.
- The resulting coolant will absorb humidity as the indoor air blower pulls it into the unit.
- The unit then releases the cooled air indoors, expelling the remaining moisture and heat via the outdoor unit.
So, the only difference between a central and ductless mini-split air conditioner is the channels they use to push cool air and hot air around. Central systems push cool air into the air ducts to reach each room. The mini-split air conditioner releases the air through its vents directly into the room.
If you want to explore this system, you need to consider a few variations. For example, the unit’s cooling effectiveness may depend on the building’s layout.
The Ideal Fort Worth Home For A Ductless Mini-Split System
With one output source for quality air, ductless mini-split systems suit homes with an open floor plan that doesn’t obstruct airflow from one room to another. The space guarantees a controlled climate across every square foot, despite no air ducts. Mini-split systems also trump central cooling in the following cases:
- An apartment building or one-story house that doesn’t require controlled air to reach too far
- No pre-existing ductwork in the home or building
- Other units already in place around the home (you are just installing in a new area)
- The location has higher fuel or utility costs
- People use some rooms more than others, and not all rooms must cool simultaneously
These units also suit homes where individuals would like to implement a different temperature setting in their respective living areas or bedrooms.
The Benefits of a Ductless Mini-Split Heat Pump and AC
If the above scenarios sound familiar, you could benefit from a ductless mini-split heat pump or a ductless mini-split AC in numerous ways. For instance, without air ducts acting as your unit’s lungs running throughout your home, a mini-split is compact. It would fit comfortably into smaller abodes or even closets while creating a targeted heating and cooling zone.
A smaller unit is also easier to install, decreasing the downtime and mess that often comes with the installation process for metal ducts in ceilings and walls. Cutting the hours involved also creates a more cost-effective option than central cooling installations since a ductless mini-split costs far less in terms of installation, labor, and equipment.
The cost-effectiveness doesn’t end there; choosing to go with ductless mini-split systems also means a potentially steep decline in electricity bills. Why? These units heat and cool a smaller area, cycle for shorter periods than a central unit, and run the system less to maintain the temperature that matches your thermostat setting.
Even with multiple systems installed in the home, you could potentially save money by cooling only the areas you need as you need them.
Other benefits of a ductless mini-split air conditioning system include the following:
- Silent operation. An indoor unit is far quieter compared to a window unit.
- Secure and portable. Mini-splits are more secure than a wall-mounted unit that could fall out of place. It is also possible to move them with professional assistance.
- Efficient. Air ducts eventually weaken, releasing your controlled air within your walls rather than your rooms. Air loss is not a concern with mini-splits.
Types of Ductless Mini-Split ACs
Fort Worth residents also appreciate the many options for ductless mini-split AC systems that make them so versatile. Do you have limited space? There’s sure to be a mini-split to match.
The most common type is the wall-mounted mini-split, attached to the top of your wall above eye level. However, if you have large windows or other obstructions that make a wall unit unacceptable, consider the following alternatives:
- Ceiling splits keep your unit out of sight since they hang from the ceiling like projectors. Up there, they also face fewer obstructions to a wider airflow.
- Floor standing splits face obstacles like furniture that impede their airflow. You’ll need an open space, although some units easily hide under a desk or table.
The Ductless Mini-Split Installation Process with 1st Choice Air Solutions
Why not call 1st Choice Air Solutions to learn more about the ductless mini-split installation process? You can expect the following from our Fort Worth professionals:
- We will schedule a free estimate with our licensed and insured team of professionals.
- We will set up a time to visit and evaluate your property’s suitability for a mini-split system.
- We will explain details about the ductless mini-split cost, installation, and other factors to prevent surprise fees.
- We’ll work with you to find the discounts and rebates you want for the best pricing.
- We’ll complete a one-day installation, checking your new unit’s efficiency before we leave.
Does a ductless cooling system sound like it could fit your needs and location? Call 1st Choice Air Solutions at 817-518-4598 today for a free estimate on installing new ductless mini-split systems in Fort Worth, TX!