How much does an AC repair cost in Fort Worth, TX?
- Low price: $225
- Our avg price: $450
- High price: $2,000
At 1st Choice, we proudly offer free 2nd opinions. If you’ve received a quote from someone else, we will gladly review it and help you determine if it is accurate and if the work is necessary.
A homeowner’s comfort and convenience are our highest priorities for every AC repair. That means we invest more time and energy to ensuring the same issue doesn’t resurface again for years – if ever. While other contractors can get their foot in the door with a lower-cost repair, chances are they’ll be back at your home months later repairing the same issue.
Air conditioner repair cost factors:
Other than the contractor you hire, some other factors that impact the cost of your AC repair include:
- Whether or not replacement parts are needed. Repairs that require replacement parts can increase the overall cost of your repair. Some parts are more expensive than others, but the good news is our service trucks are always fully stocked, so chances are high that we have what you need on hand.
- Access to your AC. System accessibility factors into the labor costs of a job. An outdoor AC unit that’s easy for our techs to reach and repair takes much less time than, say, an AC in a cluttered attic crawl space.
- Whether your warranty is valid. A valid warranty is hugely beneficial to homeowners because it protects them against paying for certain parts, labor hours, or both. Investing in an extended warranty can increase that protection for years, usually right when you need those warranties the most.
Looking for an Exact Estimate for Your AC Repair?
When you call our AC repair technicians, you can expect an honest and detailed inspection and explanation of your repair needs. Contact us today at (817) 264-7709.
Our AC repair process
- Schedule your appointment. Ready to schedule? You’ve made the right choice! Whether it’s an emergency situation in the middle of the night or maintenance service to keep your air conditioner in top shape, we’re always open and ready to help you. To schedule service, simply give us a call at 817-264-7709, or book an appointment online with our easy scheduling form.
- Get fast, same-day service & upfront pricing. Your technician will always arrive on schedule, greet you at your door, and provide a full system health check of your AC. After the diagnostic is complete, we’ll provide you with several options to choose from to determine what best fits your needs. You’ll also have a chance to review your upfront estimate before your tech gets to work.
- Get your AC repaired right, the first time. Once approved, we’ll get started on repairing your system. At 1st Choice, we respect our customers’ homes and will treat them with the utmost care and attention, never leaving a mess behind when we are finished. After your repair, your technician will thoroughly test the AC and answer any final questions you may have.
- Enjoy peace of mind. In addition to our honest and upfront pricing, we also guarantee all our services and set out to exceed your expectations. Plus, we offer lifetime warranty on repairs!
Signs That Your AC Needs Repairs
The average lifespan of a modern AC unit is around 10-12 years. Beyond this point, system repairs become more frequent and expensive, energy bills rise, and home comfort can decline rapidly.
Just as important as knowing who to call during an emergency AC situation, is knowing when to call. By paying attention to the warning signs of a damaged air conditioner, you can get central AC repair before finding yourself in an emergency situation. The more common symptoms include:
- Smells in the unit: Strange smells in your air conditioner are generally attributed to one of two things, electrical damage or a buildup of impurities inside the unit. If there’s a burning smell inside your home, it could be a wiring issue, which should be addressed quickly. Foul odors attributed to dust and pet dander can often be solved with cleaning or an air filter replacement.
- Increase in your electric bills: Your AC is one of the larger consumers of electricity in your home – especially in the summer months. However, any spike outside of the norm could be a sign that a repair is needed. As your AC deteriorates it has to work harder to cool your home, hence the increase.
- Low airflow: Are there hot or cold spots in your home? Your air conditioner should produce consistent and powerful airflow. If there is any fluctuation, it’s either an air conditioner repair issue or damage to your ductwork.
- Strange noises: Your air conditioner has plenty of moving parts that keep your home cool and comfortable. If there’s a mechanical failure or something is loose inside the air handler, it could make a screeching, grinding, or banging noise inside the AC.
“Couldn’t be more pleased.”
“Michael was excellent. Came out the day after I called for service. Very professional and went with every one of his recommendations. Hard not to trust a guy who’s been doing it for 20+ years! We were having trouble getting the A/C down to temp, so he cleaned out our system, changed the filter, and at an additional recommendation added a compressor saver unit. Couldn’t be more pleased.”
Chris O. | Fort Worth homeowner
Want to see what other customers have to say about us? Check out our google reviews.