Chilly winter temperatures can leave your home cold and uncomfortable if your heating system isn’t working properly. When your furnace needs to be repaired or replaced, call 1st Choice Air Solutions. A family-owned company since 1995, we provide 24-hour heating repair services to the Saginaw, TX area.
We offer complete heating services, including:
- Furnace Repairs
- Furnace Installations
- Heating Repairs
- Heating Installations
- Heat Pump Services
- Boiler Services
- Indoor Air Quality Services
- Ductless Mini Split Systems
- Commercial HVAC
- New Construction HVAC
We strive to provide quality services to our customers. Read what our clients think of our work in our testimonials.
Ways to Keep Your Furnace Maintained
To ensure your furnace works when you need it in the winter months, it’s important to keep your unit properly maintained all year by performing these tasks:
- Schedule a yearly tune-up and routine maintenance check with a professional.
- Replace furnace filters regularly, typically every three months.
- Install a carbon monoxide monitor and have it inspected regularly by a furnace contractor.
- Examine the ducts to look for leaks and other damage.
- Check the blower to ensure there are no obstructions and that it’s working properly.
- Inspect the inside of the furnace for defects such as rust, holes and separated seams.
- Clean the burners with water to remove dust and debris.
- Clean the sensor and pilot to ensure the unit operates effectively throughout the season.
- Check the “high limit” on the unit to prevent overheating.
- Check the gas meter for the rate of fuel usage.
- Clean the area around the system.
Ways a Malfunctioning Heater can Affect Your Home
When your heater breaks down, you likely expect to have to endure discomfort and chilly temperatures in your home. However, there are other implications you might not be expecting. Some of these can include:
- A risk of illness for your family. If your heater has an issue that leads to a problem like a carbon monoxide leak it can put your family’s health at risk.
- Reduced indoor air quality. A malfunctioning unit may not properly remove particles from the air, such as debris, dust and dirt.
- Risk of a fire. Depending on what’s wrong with your heater, it can lead to a potential fire risk.
- Higher utility bills. Malfunctioning units may need to work harder to keep your home warm, which can cause an increase in your utility bills.
We understand that unexpected heating repairs can take a toll on your finances. That’s why we offer financing options to our clients.
Signs Your Heater Needs to Be Replaced
When replacing a heater, it’s typically best to do it before your current unit completely malfunctions. Being proactive provides you with more time and options to install a new system. Watch for these signs that can indicate your unit needs to be replaced:
- If your system is older and is nearing the end of its lifespan.
- Multiple repairs. If your unit needs multiple or large repairs it can be more cost-effective to replace it.
- Utility bills increase. This can indicate your system is no longer operating efficiently.
- Cracked heat exchanger. This can lead to a carbon monoxide leak, which can be a very dangerous situation for your household.
- Loss of efficiency. Your unit might be working harder than it needs to warm your home.
- Cannot heat your home properly. This can result in temperatures being lower than the desired setting on the thermostat, or hot and cold spots throughout the property.