A lot of people think of Texas as a place that is warm and sunny, but for homeowners in the Azle area, the winters can get cold without the proper systems in place. Whether you have a furnace or heater, you need the proper care and maintenance to keep your home consistently warm and comfortable. At 1st Choice Air Solutions, we don’t just repair and service furnaces – we educate our customers so that they can make the ideal decision that works best for them. All our technicians are the best in the industry and offer long-lasting solutions you can count on in any season.
Want to know more about our past work? Be sure to visit our reviews page to hear from our happy customers.
Furnace Maintenance Tips Every Homeowner Should Know
As furnace repair professionals, one thing that we regularly see are furnaces that aren’t properly maintained. This is frustrating because a well-maintained furnace is much more efficient and saves the homeowner money. Below are three tips that we want every homeowner to know.
- Check Filters – A common problem when it comes to a furnace is when the filter needs to be replaced or cleaned. The filter’s what keeps the furnace going efficiently. But if it’s not cleaned or replaced regularly, it may cause minor damages that are going to require repair. The filter should be cleaned every one or two months.
- Have It Cleaned – It’s important that you have your furnace cleaned professionally on a regular basis.
- Inspect the Wiring – If the furnace isn’t turning on, it may not be a technical problem. You might have trouble with your wiring. Check your wiring to its control panel as well as other connections and ensure they’re tight. You might have a fuse blown.
As homeowners, we understand how difficult it can be to remember all your chores and home needs. That’s why we make things easier with our furnace tune-up and maintenance services. Whether it’s once a year or once a quarter, you can count on our heating pros to keep your home comfortable.
Should You Repair or Replace Your Furnace?
One of the questions that we often have people ask us is whether it’s a better idea to replace or repair a furnace. While it depends on the situation, there are times when it’s actually more economical to replace the furnace rather than pay for repairs. Below are four signs that you should replace the furnace in your home.
- Age – The first sign that you need a new furnace is the furnace’s age. A modern furnace will last anywhere from 16 to 20 years. If you have had your furnace for at least this long, chances are that it will need to be replaced soon.
- Electric and Gas Bills Increasing – You may think that your bills are going up because of the increase in electric and gas prices. But this isn’t always the case. It may be because of your furnace. If you haven’t properly maintained your furnace, it may not be as efficient.
- A lot of Repairs Recently – Have you had to call in professionals to repair your furnace a lot recently? If you are spending a lot of money on repairs, chances are that you would do better buying a new one.
- Noisy – When a furnace is old, it often will make a lot of noise. If you have been hearing sounds like popping, banging, squealing or rattling, there’s a good chance that a new furnace is in your near future.
Purchasing a new furnace can be expensive. At 1st Choice Air Solutions, we offer affordable rates and can help you with our coupons and specials.
Need Heating Services in Azle?
At 1st Choice Air Solutions, we are your reliable Azle heating contractors. From heater repairs to furnace installations, you can count on our expert technicians to keep your home comfortable and your family happy. We’re the most trusted service provider in the area, largely because we take the time to personalize our services for your home. We won’t rush out or charge your hidden fees on any services.
Instead, we take the time to listen to your concerns, educate you on what issues you may be dealing with, and help you enjoy a long-lasting solution that works for your budget and home needs.