When the temperatures start to dip, you don’t want to endure a chilly house. Just as it’s important to have a working cooling system in the hot summer months, you want your heating system to be fully functioning in the winter. Call 1st Choice Air Solutions when your heater or furnace needs to be repaired or replaced. We offer 24-hour services to ensure your unit gets repaired immediately.
We offer the following heating services – and more – to the Justin, TX area:
- Heating Repairs
- Heating Installations
- Furnace Repairs
- Furnace Installations
- Heat Pump Services
- Indoor Air Quality Services
- Ductless Mini Split Systems
- Boiler Services
- Commercial HVAC
- New Construction HVAC
In business since 1995, we stand by our services. Read what our customers think of our work in our testimonials.
Signs Your Furnace Needs Repairs
When your furnace malfunctions in the winter months it can leave your home chilly and uncomfortable. To prevent this, it’s important to have your unit repaired at the first signs of trouble. Call a furnace contractor if you notice any of these problems with your system:
- Your system runs for less than three minutes before it shuts off. Have a professional inspect the unit to determine the issue, which could be caused by a malfunctioning heat exchanger or thermostat.
- There are irregular flames coming from the burners. If you notice this you should contact a professional as soon as possible as it can be due to a serious issue like a cracked heat exchanger, which can cause a carbon monoxide leak.
- You hear loud and unusual sounds coming from the unit.
- Your suspect a carbon monoxide leak due to members of your household feeling ill with flu-like symptoms. This can be a very dangerous situation and can even lead to death. If you think you have a leak you should evacuate your home immediately and call for professional help.
Common Furnace Problems
Furnace issues can be an inconvenience, but fortunately, furnace contractors are used to seeing — and fixing — these common problems:
- Issues caused by failing to properly maintain the system. A variety of problems can arise when units don’t get regular tune-ups and other care.
- Failing to change the filters regularly. This can cause dust, dirt and other debris to build up in the unit and cause it to malfunction.
- Signs of aging. As a unit gets older it can show signs of wear and tear that need to be repaired.
- A thermostat that doesn’t match the temperature in your home. A professional will need to inspect the unit and the device to determine the problem.
- Disrupted airflow. This can be dangerous as it can cause the system to overheat.
- A carbon monoxide leak. This can be one of the most dangerous issues with a furnace, as it puts your family’s health and safety at risk. If you suspect you have a leak, or if you notice symptoms such as excessive condensation on windows or a pilot light that turns from blue to yellow, you should immediately leave your property and call for help.
A family-owned company since 1995, we offer 24-hour heating services. Contact us to learn more!
Benefits of Installing a New Heater
Installing a new heater in your home can come with many benefits. In addition to giving you peace of mind that your new system likely won’t need repairs in the near future, other advantages can include:
- Lower utility bills because the unit is more energy-efficient than older models.
- Increased comfort in your home as newer units can properly — and evenly — heat your house.
- Better indoor air quality as the new system can better remove particles and other debris from the air.