Heating Services in Westlake, TX
Call us for 24-hour furnace repairs. Whether you need maintenance, repairs or installations in the Westlake, TX area, we can help!
Don’t get stuck in a frigid house this winter. When your heating system needs repairs you need to have it serviced quickly to avoid discomfort in your home. Call 1st Choice Plumbing, Heating & Air Solutions for 24-hour heating repairs in the Westlake, TX area. A family-owned company, we’ve been providing heating services to our customers since 2010.
We offer the following heating services – and more – to the Westlake, TX area:
- Furnace Repairs
- Furnace Installations
- Heating Repairs
- Heating Installations
- Heat Pump Services
- Ductless Mini Split Systems
- Boiler Services
- Indoor Air Quality Services
- Commercial HVAC
- New Construction HVAC
How to Make Your Furnace More Energy Efficient
Heating bills can add up in the winter months as you keep your home warm. One way to reduce your utility bills is to make your furnace more energy-efficient by using these tips:
- Install a programmable thermostat.
- Check your air ducts to make sure there aren’t any leaks or defects.
- Ensure your home is properly insulated.
- Schedule regular maintenance visits with a professional.
- Change filters regularly.
- Open the curtains and blinds to let sunlight in to add natural heat.
Common Furnace Problems
Having your furnace break down at any time of the year is an inconvenience, but having it malfunction during the winter can be even more of a hassle — and can require immediate repairs. Some common issues a furnace contractor can inspect include:
- Issues caused by a lack of maintenance.
- A build-up of dust, dirt and debris from failing to replace filters regularly.
- Wear and tear caused by aging.
- A malfunctioning thermostat that isn’t regulating the temperature inside your home.
- Disrupted airflow that can cause your unit to overheat.
- Cracks in your system that can lead to carbon monoxide leaks. This needs to be addressed immediately as it can create a dangerous situation for your entire household.
A family-owned company since 2010, we stand by our services. Contact us to learn more!
Signs Your Heater Needs to Be Replaced
Unfortunately, heaters don’t last forever. Like all appliances, they have a limited lifespan and need to eventually be replaced. To avoid an emergency situation or being left in a frigid house, it’s important to replace the system before the unit completely malfunctions. Some signs that your system needs to be replaced can include:
- If your unit is nearing the end of its life expectancy.
- Multiple repairs. If your system needs numerous – or costly – repairs.
- Increase in utility bills. If your bills are rising without an explanation it can indicate a loss of efficiency.
- Cracked heat exchanger. This can lead to a dangerous carbon monoxide leak and should be addressed immediately.
- Failure to properly heat your home. If your house isn’t reaching the desired temperature, or if it’s being heated unevenly.