As professionals in the heating and cooling business, one of our biggest goals at 1st Choice Air Solutions is to inform our readers about their heating and HVAC system. As a homeowner, one of your top priorities should be to keep your system in the best shape possible. While you don’t depend on your heating system year-round – particularly in the Springtown area – you still want to be sure you’re system will work when you need it. As your reliable and trusted heating contractors in the area, we offer top-rated solutions including heater repairs, furnace tune-ups, and heat pump installations, all of which can be used to keep comfortable this winter season.
Want to know more about our past work? Visit our reviews page to hear from our happy customers.
How Does Maintenance Extend Furnace Lifespan?
If you are looking for a good reason to have your furnace maintained regularly, one of the best reasons is that it can actually extend the life of your furnace. Below are three ways that it can help your furnace last longer.
- Catch problems early – It’s a lot better to catch small problems before they turn into big ones. When you have your furnace maintained regularly, small problems are repaired quickly and effectively.
- Avoid overheating – During routine maintenance, the blower chamber and blower motor are cleaned. This is important dust prevents motors from dissipating heat effectively. Without it being cleaned regularly, your motor can become caked with the dust.
- Better efficiency – When you have your furnace cleaned regularly, it’s going to run a lot more efficiently. When a furnace is running more efficiently, it means that it’s not working as hard which will help it last longer.
We make furnace tune-ups easy. You can schedule these services in advance or at the very least before the winter season starts. Because your furnace doesn’t get a lot of use throughout the year, don’t wait until you need it most to realize it’s damaged.
Signs You Need a New Heater
Even with consistent maintenance, your heater will eventually need to be replaced. But we have found that many customers don’t know how to tell they need a new heater. Some of the most common signs include:
- Soaring Electric Bills – A small increase in your electric bill can be expected, especially if the winter has been particularly cold and your heater has been running more. However, if you’re noticing that the bills are especially high, there’s a good chance that you need a new heater.
- Physical Symptoms – If there are a lot of people in your house that are sick, it might be the flu. But it also could be something much worse, like carbon monoxide poisoning. Depending on the age of your heater, it could be causing poor indoor air quality, and this is not only dangerous, but it could be deadly.
- Frequent Repairs – Have you found that you are having to repair your heater a lot? If you’re spending a lot of money on repairs, chances are that you’ll save more money by buying a new heater.
- Constantly Adjusting Thermostat – If it seems like you can’t get your thermostat adjusted to keep your rooms comfortable, it could be because of your heater. If you have some rooms that are chilly and others that are really warm, the heat may not be correctly distributed.
While repairs are always the first choice, when they become a monthly routine, the cost of a new system can easily outweigh the strain of frequent repairs. At 1st Choice Air Solutions, we help you find the perfect system for your home and get it installed effectively.
Want to save more on your service? Be sure to visit our coupons page for specials on all your heating needs.
Your Reliable Heating Contractors
Whether you need a new furnace or you want to have your furnace tuned up, we can give you the heating services that you need. We are your reliable Springtown heating contractors. No matter what service you need, the time of day, or the severity of the issue, you can count on our staff for timely and professional care.